Saturday, August 25, 2007

The Land of Opportunity (Part 2- off to LA)

As you can in the photo, there were a lot of people who would be flying off to Los Angeles from Taipei International Airport that night.

Our flight from Taipei was 9.00pm, 14th August but we arrived Los Angeles Airport at 7.05pm,14th August. Kinda weird, right? The flight from Taipei to LAX took for like 12hours. So, 12+4 = 16hours.

Back To The Past. Hehe...

It was a very tiring journey although I slept many times, watched few movies, ate two meals on the plane. After a freaking tiring + long journey, we finally arrived Los Angeles (LAX).


We waited for quite long for immigration because there were a lot of people. We had even been waiting for our luggages for half an hour. We were kinda fortunate that day because it happened that two MARA officers based in Washington were waiting for us there as they had to go to Washingon D.C. but transit Chicago, which was also our transit. They brought us for check in and we went to the departure hall together.

The security in Los Angeles is strict. I was asked to open my bag, take out my lappie, took off my shoes and suit (not pants and shirts). They checked every single thing that I had in the bag. Luckily, it merely took 15minutes. The funniest part was when the security officer, a pretty young lady, asked me whether I came to the United States for a business trip. LOL! I just said "No." Do I look like a businessman???

After settled everything, we walked to the boarding gate. They seemed happy.

While we were on our way to the gate, I stopped at starbucks to buy "Hot chocolate" and some cookies because I was too hungry. I was surprised to see the price because it was way too cheap compared to Msia (if you don't convert). I just spent 4USD for that and I received my first resit from US. Haha..

At 2300hrs sharp, we boarded the United Airline plane.

On the plane...

So, the flight took for like 4 hours and I just spent my time sleeping again. We reached Chicago O'hare International Airport at 5am(Chicago time) although it took for only 4 hours (actually, we were supposed to reach at 3am).

to be continued...

3 comments:

Nazri Awang said...

great experience you had..can't wait to fly to UK... time is moving so slow....

Anonymous said...

nothing weird bout the long transit time lah...For long haul flight...the plane stops for refueling...and upload + unload cargos and also passengers...not to forget...the food on board ...most of them are packed in taipei... :) It's a norm for long haul flights...

betho said...

lol...I didn't say it's weird...did I?