Wednesday, August 22, 2007

The Land of Opportunity (part1-transit taipei)

After being lectured and advised by family, relatives, and even friends, I have finally arrived in the United States of America, The Land of Opportunity. Yea, opportunity of getting whatever you insist of getting. I shall begin with my journey from KLIA - 14th August.

Yea, 14th august was the date I flew to America. The night before, I was so engrossed with stuffs like luggages and all. That night was also the night I received the most SMSes in my whole life ever. Though, I was so busy arranging my clothes and stuffs till I didn't manage to reply some of my friends' messages. I'm sorry..:( Surprisingly, I slept well that night. Kewl...

So, that morning on the 14th august, I woke up early and prepared myself for breakfast since my flight was 3.15pm bound for Los Angeles (transit Taipei). My uncle brought my parents, uncle and I to the KLIA airport that morning around 11.30am. I arrived there early to weigh my luggage and to my amaze, it was 28kg!
Overweight!
It should not be more than 23kg for each luggage. Luckily, my father brought a small and empty luggage to the airport just for in case. Hurriedly, I transferred some my clothes and stuffs to the small luggage.

Thus,1st luggage = 19kg, 2nd luggage = 9kg. COOL!!!

Oh ya, aiman, the funny guy , went to the airport to send me off as well.
After a few minutes, everyone was in the airport already. There were ten of us flying to US on that particular day. We gathered, took our flight tickets+allowance and checked in. At 2.30pm sharp, we said goodbye to our parents, friends and relatives. All the faces that I saw that day were gloomy. I just smiled and said goodbye to my parents and uncles. Hehe...no crying okay??

So, ten of us went to the International Departure Hall by the aero-train. When we reached there, we were already asked to board the plane. hmm...kinda fast.

Alright, so basically my route was KLIA-TAIPEI-LAX-CHICAGO O'HARE-INDIANAPOLIS.

Four stops.
LAX(Los Angeles Xpectations) = Los Angeles International Airport.

The flight to Taipei took for about 4hours and I managed to eat my dinner and watch a movie on the plane. When we arrived in Taipei International Airport, we were stunned to see the airport. It is kinda like a big yet old airport And the funniest thing was...

In the photo, I was actually drinking plain water by using a paper cup! It was not a normal paper cup we have in Malaysia but...

to be continued...

3 comments:

Sherp said...

wah. hav to wear suit?
and the paper cup is.. really amazing. :) tat it holds water at all

betho said...

yea..all of us wore suit...

Anonymous said...

lol when dat guy say u looked like a businessman...i think the guy wearing white t-shirt is very handsome...wat d u think??