Thursday, September 18, 2008

The Day I would never forget...

September 16th, 2008 (Tuesday)

I was busy doing assignment and studying for my upcoming exams when my mother called me. It was indeed a busy night for me because I will be having my physics and circuit analysis exams next Monday and Chinese test on Thursday.

I didn't know whether my mother used a calling card to call me but what I saw from my phone was her local DIGI number.

It was 12.27am midnight already.

"Hello..." was the only word I could actually utter...

because...



After that...the only phrase I could somehow listen was "....just passed away" from her solemn voice.

I was standing at that moment while talking to my mum. For a few seconds, my both legs felt so weak...and without realizing it, I was sitting on the floor in my room. I asked my mum why...and then somehow...after listening, I hanged up.

I had never expected this to happen to him although I knew he had been in ICU for a week. :(

I was already busy with study and assignment and at that moment of time, my mind was already messed up. I recalled back the time we had together when he was still alive.
By the time I stopped recalling, I realized that I was actually lying on the floor. I was totally broke down that night. Then, I walked out from my room to the living room hoping that I could actually forget about it but I eventually couldn't.:(

When I recalled back, my grandpa made me happy, smile, pissed off at times...

He was the one who kinda purposely showed me the wrong direction when I was driving from my house to my auntie's house in Matang, just to pissed me off (kacau me)

He was the one whom I always put my hand on his big tummy whenever he sat beside me. (I miss that, grandpa)

He was the one who always made crazy and some stupid jokes...like some random jokes which were not lame at all.

He was the one who liked to use my name, my dad, my bro, my mum, my uncles, my aunties and cousins' names to buy some food...like you know, when he wanted to buy meat or fish, he would mention my name or my cousins' name to the butcher or the seller, telling them how my cousins and I or some relatives liked it very much...I mean why use our names?? :S

He was the one who could actually converse in alot of spoken languages (like, Chinese-Hakka,Hokkien, Iban, Bidayuh, English, Malay) or some were not even language...maybe alien languages(he created it just to make his grandchildrens laugh). Well, I think among all the cousins I have, only my bro, one of my cousins, adrian, and I spoke English with him.

He was the one whom I always argued with. Argued everytime we met each other...that ended up with laughter.

He was the one who always ordered the red kuching kolo mee for me (I didn't even ask him to do that) whenever we went to tabuan siang siang.

well...

the sweet memories of him will always be in my heart...

I will never forget it...I never knew the days I had together with my grandpa in Kuching last summer was my last meeting with my grandpa.

Thanks for everything, grandpa...:(

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

sorry to know that. may he rests in peace

Hanif Kamis said...

i'm sorry beth. RIP to him.

Joyce said...

R.I.P to ur grandpa.

Alice In Wonderland said...

May your grandpa rest in peace.

(Sorry, this is quite late) No wonder you've been sad on msn for the past week.