Saturday, May 12, 2007

Rumah Hope

Time for me to flash back what I did in last semester...

The day after my final exam, which was on Wednesday, a bunch of Ethics class students including me went for a trip to Rumah Hope, which was organized by my Ethics lecturer. You guys must have been wondering about this 'rumah'.



After few hours in the 'rumah', I went out the 'rumah' to have a look around and I saw something very interesting.

A boy is doing breakdance. We call him FU.



Soon after watching the so-called performance by FU, I went to the playground to see some of my friends playing with those kids. My friends really know how to treat kids well although the kids are undeniably mischievous. :P


However, while I was wandering around in the 'rumah', I saw a kid sitting and leaning against the wall by himself. He looked pity. So, I decided to approach him. I sat beside him and here goes our conversation.


Me: Hi, what's ur name?

Kid: ...

Me: *blur*. what's ur name?

Kid: May I play your handphone's game?

Me: Yes, sure but before that, may I take a photo with you?

Kid: ...

Me: (He didn't say anyting so, I assumed that he agreed)

Kid: Game

Me: Alright, here you go.

After 15++ minutes, he was still using my handphone to play game...

Me: Sorry, bro. I have to go and meet my friends now. I need my handphone.

Kid:...

Me: I'm really sorry. Maybe next time, alright? (I smiled at him and went out to meet my friends)




When I thought back, I should have let him play longer. I felt guilty. We were there for about 4 hours or probably less than that. Most of the activities were somehow exciting which made most of the kids there looked energetic. The kids were contented to receive presents from us. :)


When it was the time to say goodbye, FU came to me and said "thank you for coming ya. Next time, come again." I said "okay". His words really touched my heart. I was wondering "When would I be coming here again?". I just don't want them to feel hurt. I'm sorry.



So, guys, can you guess what is 'Rumah Hope' ? Tell me if you know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your 1st sentence in your latest entry reminds me of a movie entitled "I knew You Did Last Summer" ...

Don't ask me why? Me myself don't know too... Just that it sounds like it...that's all...

By the way...I Know What You Did Last Semester...hehehe (evil laughther) ;)

betho said...

Hehe...