Thursday, October 2, 2008

My Name

I just got back from my Physics Lab, had a sort of a 'LOL' conversation with my American TA.

When my groupmates and I finished with our group work, we called our TA for checkpoints. Then, when he was about to give us the points for it after answering all the questions correctly, he saw my name of the list. He asked "which one of you guys is Batholomew?

Without hesitation, I said it's me!

The TA smiled, and said "oooh, I always see this name whenever I want to key in all the marks in the student's gradebook and I didn't know it was you. I didn't know you're asian.."

I grinned and said, "Haha...why? Does it sound like someone from Portugal?"

"No, it sounds like someone from Chicago", he said.

So, I replied him," wait...what? Chicago? Definitely no...well, my name was supposed to be Bartholomew but the nurse made a mistake, so I was named Batholomew instead of Bartholomew"

He jokingly asked, " Are you serious? Was that the nurse from Northern Chicago?...oh well, how if the nurse made it something offensive?"

well...I could sue the nurse...hmmm

Again,

he came to my group for the second time and wanted to joke with me about this.

"hmm...So, the 'R' still on your mind?", "I was just wondering how could the nurse made mistake on your name?"

LOL man...

No comments: