Sunday, January 27, 2008

Miami (December 22nd-24th, 2007)

After enjoying ourselves in Orlando, we then off to Miami, which was our last destination in Florida. We departed from our inn early in the morning, 6am-ish by a limousine that sent us to International Drive where we waited for the mini van to Miami. At 8am sharp, we started our journey to Miami. Miami is renowned for its beach and tattoos. The journey from Orlando to Miami took us approximately 4 hours and it was dreadful journey because I could not sleep well in the van.

We stayed in President Hotel which is located a block from the beach. It was a nice hotel but when we went there, the front part of the hotel was under renovation. So, we went in and out of the hotel through the back door to the beach. The "back door" way was abit creepy because we had to go down a staircase and walk through a narrow path in order to go to beach. It was even creepier at night.

Well, the beach isn't that "unique" as what most people say. It reminds me of Tanjung Batu Beach in Bintulu. Although I'm thousand miles away from my hometown, I can feel like I'm in Tg. Batu. The wind and the beach sand in Miami Beach made me feel like swimming through the Pacific Ocean to South China Sea. All these thoughts came into my mind when I was strolling alone along the beach while Vincent and Jaysern were "sunbathing".

Nice photo right??? Actually the difference between Miami beach and Tg. Batu Beach are the "people" and "water". When talking about there two words, you guys should have already known what I meant. The water was soo clear unlike the Kemena River and the people there were actually wearing er......which I'm sure you would never ever see it in Tg Batu or any other beaches in Msia. Or should I say they were actually topless? ok..stop there, no more elaboration.
One thing I like about this beach is that you would never get bored even though you are sitting on the sand doing nothing. Er...don't get me wrong. I'm talking about the activities there. You can see people playing frisbees and some planes flying in the sky doing some advertisement. Real planes ok? not the remote-controlled planes...

The food there are really scrumptious. If you are really in love with Japanese food, like Joyce, I strongly recommend you guys to go there and try those sushi(s). There are many Japanese foods there and I bet you will never get sick of it.
Overall, my 3days trip in Miami was totally great. I enjoyed eating and sight-seeing (I mean the sceneries) there...:) We flew to New York from Miami on Christmas Eve day.
p/s Joyce, why wait?? Go n eat Sushi now...

No comments: