Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Meeting the Sponsor (MARA)

Two weeks ago (November 10th, 2007), all the MARA scholars were invited for a dinner with MARA director, Dato Seri Abdul Hamid Zainal Abidin and other fours VIPs who flew all the way from KL to have a so-called meeting with us in Chicago. MARA will give us a free night stay in Holiday Inn and 40 USD (allowance) for this particular meeting.


So, I off again to Chicago for the second time. We went there at noon because there was a slight problem. That morning was so cold that I wore gloves and 4-layers of clothes. We went there by car. When we reached Evanston, where MSD Chicago is located, we went up to the building. The main entrance of the building was actualy locked and we needed passwords to open the door. One of the MSD officers was so clever that he or she put a notice telling us about the passwords (in Malay) to enter the building. "Untuk Masuk, Sila tekan "bintang, tujuh, tujuh, tiga, tiga, lima"" I smiled when looking at the notice.


We actually went to MSD Chicago to have our lunch. I was so elated to eat Malaysians food on that day like the Nasi Beriyani and rendang. I should be thankful enough to eat those food although there were no kampua and kolok mee, which I'm really miss those noodles. And one more thing, if we want to enter the restroom, we also need password to enter. I don't understand and this is really ridiculous.

Then, we off to our final destination, which is the Hotel Holiday Inn North Shore in Skokie.

When we arrived there, we checked in room. I did not stay a night there though. Although the room was nice, I had to leave that night too.

When my friend switched on the television, something caught my attention...


Can you guys notice the third box from the left? The title is actually "Adult desire". Hmmm..

So, that night, we prepared ourselves for the dinner with the VIPs. The food were delicious. :)

After the speeches from the Scholar representative and MARA director, we started eating and I really enjoyed eating every single dish that they gave.

When the function was over, it was photo-taking session. But, I only took photo with Mdm Huda, the MARA director of Washington D.C. because there were too many people.

Okay, I might look different in the photo. I know that.

Then, after the function, I packed my bag and we went back to my university at 1.30am. My seniors and I reached West Lafayette around 3.45am. Overall, it was enjoyable yet tiring journey to me.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

hahah bat.. kenapa ko kurus kering nih.. bo chiak bak si bo si? better eat more.

betho said...

I eat meat and even pork here...just that my friend took the photo in different angle...so, I might look skinny here...:)

Unknown said...

ooo angle problem izzit.. O_O!

Alice In Wonderland said...

Oh great, there's pork there muahahah.

betho said...

Bacon...to be specific