Thursday, November 15, 2007

Homecoming 2007

I was supposed to write this post last week but I had been procrastinating till now. So, yeah, we had Homecoming events going on three weeks ago. The events were like "Boilermakers Night Train Homecoming Parade", "Pep rally with King and Queen coronation" and fireworks which happened the night before the Homecoming Football match (Purdue Boilermakers vs Northwestern Wildcats). I felt anticipated to watch that game in the stadium that I actually bought the ticket like 5 days before.


The night before was the coronation of Homecoming King and Queen and I was there with my friend watching the event in Slayter Hill. I was amazed by the performance by the Purdue Marching Band. It made me think of my former high school marching band. I really hope that my former high school would somehow perform superbly like them in the future or few years later because I believe that they are improving right now, aren't they?

So, the next morning, I woke up as early as 10.30am. Yea, it was early for me. I got myself ready and went to my friend's house to go together to the stadium. As it was first time, I felt quite impatient to watch my first American Football match live in the stadium. Once we got there around 11++am, we sat there waiting for the match to start. It was quite cold and windy.

Initially, the match was quite dull because I couldn't feel the excitement. However, as our home team got their first TOUCHDOWN, I started to feel the excitation. When our home team got their FIRST DOWN, we would utter "1,2,3,4,FIRST DOWN, B*TCH". *lough out loud* I didn't know what was going on at first but when Purdue had few first downs, I started to follow them too.


Overall, it was a memorable experience for me as I got to experience the excitement going on in the stadium rather than watching it live on the television. Plus, I saw Neil Armstrong from far as he was invited to officially launch the opening of a new Hall in our campus-"Neil Armstrong Hall of Engineering". Ok, you guys might be wondering why he was there to officiate and why did they name the hall after his name.

Neil Armstrong, the first person to have set foot on the moon, was actually the former student in my university-Degree in Aeronautical Engineering with a US Navy Scholarship. He was graduated in 1955.

No comments: